Propylparaben is an effective broad spectrum preservative for personal care formulations.
Propylparaben has a preservative effect on the shampoos,hair conditioner,lotions,anti aging creams, scrubbers,eyeliners,mascaras and almost all water based cosmetics and toiletries.
Propylparaben is developed to control fungi and bacteria foe all types of cosmetics preparations.
CHEMICAL STRUCTURE :
INCI Name : Propyl Paraben
Chemical Name : Propyl 4-Hydroxy Benzoate
Propylparaben is Propyl Paraben based product having a molecular formula C10H12O3
- Propylparaben is used in shampoos,shower gel,foam bath,liquid soap,hair conditioner rinser off,creams,lotions,eye and lip care gel,leave on ,sunscreens and other personal care formulations.
- It has low aqueous solubility and may be premixed with non aqueous components prior ti the addition of water
- Recommended pH range for efficiency : 4.0 to 8.0
- Recommended maximum handling temperature : 85°
TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION :
Acute oral toxicity ( LD50 ); 7500 mg per kg ( mouse ).
DOSAGE : Recommended dosages are 0.1 to 0.5%
PACKAGING : Propylparaben is available in 5 kg Plastic Bag
STORAGE : Store at dry,cool and well ventilated place.Keep container tightly closed.
Appearance : White crystalline powder
Odor : Odorless or has faint characteristic odour.
Molecular Weight : 180.2
Melting Point ( range ) : 95 to 98°C
Boiling Point ( range ) : 133°C
Bulk Density : 0.69
Solubility : Slightly soluble in water, very soluble in alcohol and ether.
- Broad spectrum of activity against bacteria and fungi
- Low order of toxicity
- Effectiveness at low concentration
- Stability over a wide pH range
- Biodegradability at environmental concentration
- Widely accepted in personal care applications
SODIUM SALT OF PROPYLPARABEN IS ALSO AVAILABLE WHICH IS WATER SOLUBLE