BHT, also called Butylated Hydroxytoluene, is a substituted toluene that functions as an antioxidant in cosmetics and personal care products. Antioxidants are ingredients used in cosmetics to prevent or retard product spoilage from rancidity.
BHT is a lipid soluble, Butylated Hydroxy Toluene (BHT) based molecule that prevents the oxidative chemicals reaction & Production if free radicals and interacting with radical intermediates. This result in the prevention of undesirable rancidity, metallic and sulfurous flavor and discoloration of product like soaps, Fatty acids, hair oil and various cosmetic Formulation.
BHT is fortified with naturally occurring antioxidants which include flavonoids, kaempferol, rhamnetin, eugenolseasamin, sesamolin. BHT has sufficient dose of LSTP (Liquid soluble Tea polyphenols) which is a powerful natural antioxidant.
FREE RADICAL INHIBITION MECHANISM :
- The free radical (non reactive free radicals) produced by the reaction of BHT with di-oxygen has very low activity. not only is the free radical center sterically hindered by the two bulky t-butyl groups, It is also stabilized by resonance interaction with the aromatic ring.
- BHT can be used in the toilet bath soap, detergent, laundry soaps, hair oil and cosmetic cream. Also its use is recommended in other rinse of products for personal care such as shampoo and shaving creams.
- BHT is available in 5 Kg, plastic bag
- BHT is stored at moderate temperature in dry place.
- The container containing BHT should not be exposed to direct sunlight and air for a long time interval.
Appearance : White crystalline powder
Bulk Density at 25°C : 0.5+- 0.05 gm/cm3
Promois International - Pharmaceutical And Cosmetic Raw Material Powder Manufacturer, Supplier And Exporter
SOLUBILITY : Completely soluble in oils, perfumes and alcohols.
STABILITY : Stable at ordinary conditions.
- It prevents oxidation of lipids and lipid containing products.
- It is scavenger of free radicals and other reactive oxygen species by;
- Suppressing their formation
- Acting as scavenger
- Acting as their substrate
- It prevent product from getting rotten or from discoloration.
- It is non-discoloring antioxidant for long term stabilization of bar soaps, hair oils, creams, liquid soaps and other rinse off products.
- It has low volatility.
- The effectiveness of ,Butylated Hydroxy is enhanced by using combinations with chelates type synergists ( e.g. EDTA,NTA ,citric acid etc. )
- Moreover, product protection of rinse-off formulation against photo -deterioration is enhanced by using ,Butylated Hydroxy in combination with UV-absorber.
Promois International has a Professional Marketing Team for the Domestic and International Market. Today the Company’s Products Promois International Exported to the World Market with a Recognized Quality and Competitive Price.