Benzophenone-4 is a water soluble broad UV-filter.It has worldwide approval for skin protection and it is widely used in sun preparations.It can also offer protections of colorants against fading and help stabilize fragrances and active ingredients against oxidation.
- Benzophenone-4 is approved world,the maximum concentration in ready for use preparation various according to local legislation.
- The sulfonic acid group makes Benzophenone-4 soluble in water,these acid group must be neutralized with one of the usual neutralizing agents,e.g.Na OH.The yellow color of benzopheonone-4 is intensified bu neutralization,this may change the coloration of the solution.
- It should be noted that Benzophenone-4 is not compatible with magnesium salts.
TOXICOLOGICAL DATA :
- The expert Panel released the final report on the safety assessment f Benzophenone-1,-3,-4,-5,-9 and -11
- ( December 18,1981) stating that these ingredients were safe as used in cosmetic product.
- A CIR ( cosmetic ingredients review) report is available.
MICROBIOLOGICAL LIMITS :
- Total aerobic count max.100 cfu/g
STORAGE AND PACKAGING :
EXPIRY DATE :
- in unopened original packaging and under adequate storage condition minimum 24 months after production date
STORAGE CONDITION :
Cool,dry and well-ventilated place at room temperature
STANDARD PACKAGING : 5 kg plastic bag
Chemical Formula : C14H12O6S
Molecular Weight : 308,31
Appearance : White or light yellow,crystalline powder
Identification : UV Absorptivities do not differ by more than 3.0%
Water : not more than 2.0%
Assay : 97.0%-100%
Melting Point : >= 140°C
Colour ( Gardner ) : <=2.0%